I have not posted any recipes for a long time as I am not the cook in my family. My wife recently came up with a really good recipe for homemade turkey burgers. They are easy to make and perfect for making in bulk and throwing in the freezer.
- 1kg ground turkey (makes 12 patties)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup apple sauce
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1 bunch green onions OR 1/2 a red onion OR 5 shallots
- 1/2 cup Teriyaki sauce OR 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
- Salt & Pepper
- Parchment paper cut into 12, 6×6 inch squares.
Blend all ingredients (except the turkey!) in a mini food processor until finely chopped.
Place ground turkey in a large mixing bowl. Add chopped ingredients to turkey. Massage mixture with fingers/hands until evenly mixed. Mixture
should be more sticky and less clumpy.
Divide mixture into 4 quarters. Divide each quarter into thirds. This is to ensure patties are all the same size. Should make 12 patties.